Most people are not aware of the difference between a website and a web application. If you are one of them, this blog is perfect for you. You will come across the difference in the existence of both concepts. Let’s dive into the subject:
What Is A Website?
It is the globally interlinked web pages that are accessible throughout the globe that have a single domain name. It can be maintained and developed by the expert individual, organization, or business. Different purposes are considered to build a website like blogs. The website hosts one multiple or single web server that is accessible through the network like private local area network and internet via AO address.
What Is A Web Application?
Why Do You Have A Website?
There are several reasons to have a website, here are some:
It allows you in branding your business
It allows you to have the social proof
Considered one of the best methods to showcase your products and service
It helps you to enhance the customer support
It helps you to achieve the business goals
Why Develop A Web Application
In this current time, web applications are more popular than the website due to the mentioned reasons:
- Web applications are easier to maintain as compare to desktop applications by using the same code for the whole application, you would not have any compatibility issues
- The web application is accessible for any platform because it supports modern browsers like MAC, Linux, etc
- You do not require the approval of mobile app store for web application
- These can be released in any form at any time, so you do not need to remind users to update their applications
- Enjoy access to web applications anytime, like 24×7 for 365 days from any PC
- The mobile devices and computer, both can be used to access the required data
- Web applications are the most efficient choice for any company as seat licenses for desktop software are a bit expensive.
- You do not require downloading or installing them on your mobile phone, as these are accessible through any web browser with an internet
Characteristics Of Website
There plenty of characteristics of the website, some of them are mentioned:
- The displayed web content is relevant and high in quality
- User-friendly web design and navigation
- Websites are easily searchable through using the search engines like Google, Mozilla Firefox, and so on
Characteristics Of Web Application
Let’s have a look at some of the major attributes of web application:
- Mostly cross-platform
- Easily tested with automated tests
- Highly scalable and cloud-hosted
- Modular and freely coupled